Head of Investing
Yova is the leading digital platform for investing with a sustainability impact. Yova customers invest directly into companies that help to solve global problems, e.g. by fighting climate change or by promoting human rights. All investments are professionally diversified portfolios that are designed for attractive financial returns.
Yova is working to mainstream impact investing and sustainability in finance. We strive to offer the best investing solution in the market on both purely financial (i.e. risk/return) and sustainability impact dimensions. As Head of Investing, you will play a key role in helping Yova deliver on the promise to its customers. As Yova starts its international expansion, the head of investing role requires significant hunger for professional development, creative power and fascination for our sustainability mission.
- Portfolio Management: You will oversee all portfolio management activities. You will own and develop our investment policy and ensure its flawless execution at all times.
- Investment Office Technology Suite: Yova has developed proprietary technology to manage tens of thousands of customized investment portfolios on a single-stock level with integrated sustainability impact assessments in real-time. You will be the product owner for this technology suite. You will work directly with our technology team in developing our technology suite further, ensuring its continuous improvement and scalability. As such you play a crucial role in the Yova team by personifying the link between portfolio management and software development.
- Strategic Vision: You will formulate and execute a long-term investment vision and strategy to keep up with technological advances and global mega trends.
- International Remit: The role will ideally be based in Berlin and spearhead Yova’s expansion into the German and, eventually, the pan-European market. The CIO will be instrumental in the understanding of local idiosyncrasies to respective markets to optimise and adapt the investment strategy.
- You embody Yova’s values. As a key member of management, the CIO represents Yova’s purpose to create a better world through investing by mainstreaming impact investment. You can find out more about our values on yova-investing.com.
- You’re a strong portfolio manager with both multi-year practical experience and formal education (finance or business degree).
- You love technology and have done work in a technology environment in the past. Coding experience is a plus although you will not be writing code yourself.
- You love to make your teammates shine and succeed. To manage our team of investment officers, you will draw from concrete experience in managing diverse teams, ideally including disciplinary responsibility
- You have a growth mindset. Yova will disrupt the global retail investment landscape in a unique and positive way.
- You are fluent in German (preferably native) and English.
- You are lots of fun to work with and able to inspire others that are not as excited about the technicalities of the stock markets as you are.
- We love diversity and new ways. If this job posting speaks to you, we want to hear from you; even if you feel like you don’t have the “typical” gender / age / heritage / or-whatnot that goes with the ‘head of investing’ you know from your Financial Times subscription!
- You are not sure about one of the points above but think we should meet you anyway? Show us why and we’ll listen.
What we offer
- You will join a high-performing team in a fast-growing start-up on a unique impact mission. Working with us is fun.
- You will be taking responsibility in a highly agile enthusiastic growth environment with our team’s full trust in you and your ideas
- You will have plenty of freedom for your creative power.
- We care about your personal and professional development.
- You will have an attractive compensation package including equity.
- You have a real chance to put a dent into the world’s future by showcasing that sustainable finance is the best way of doing finance.
Workload 100% | Start date: October 2020 | Location: Berlin, Germany
Send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org