Impact Research Intern
Yova is proud to have developed one of the world’s leading approaches to assess the impact of financial investments in a tangible and accessible manner. Our proprietary methodology is based on the advanced assessment of a company’s impact of its products and services (handprint) and the environmental and social impact of its operational practices (footprint).
As an Impact Research Intern at Yova you will work on a broad range of topics, specifically:
- Company Sustainability Impact Analysis. You will conduct research on individual companies within the Yova investment universe to ensure their fit with sustainability topics and ensure our data is up to date. You will also help make Yova’s portfolios more impactful by identifying potential new companies and other investment vehicles to add to our investable universe.
- Sustainability Impact Enablement. Collaborate with the product and marketing teams to make impact exciting. You will be identifying and researching opportunities and hot topics to engage customers through impact news, articles on the website or impact related events.
- Sustainability Impact Data Research. You will explore impact data sources to discover new ways to bring Yova’s impact analysis to the next level, e.g. by developing new impact metrics and ways to assess impact.
You are successful if more people are excited about impact investing every day.
As the Impact Research Intern at Yova, you are:
- Excited about the Yova mission to mainstream impact investing.
- Naturally curious about sustainability in investments, with a strong interest in impact research.
- Able to do thorough, clean work with an eagle eye for details and an excellent time management.
- Good with numbers and able to analyse large data sets.
- An analytical thinker who is able to structure complex problems.
- Keen on taking ownership of your daily tasks and projects
- A great communicator with full proficiency in English. German is a plus, but not required.
- Proficient in common office IT tools (particularly Excel or Google Sheets). Additional IT proficiencies, such as Python and SQL, are a plus.
- A graduate with at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Someone who is a lot of fun to work with.
What we offer
We offer a first-hand start-up experience with the opportunity to disrupt the financial world and make impact investing mainstream! You will be exposed to a wide range of challenging topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and leadership team. Specifically:
- You will join a high-performing team in a fast-growing start-up.
- You will work in a fun and flexible environment with great and inspiring colleagues. Our team is truly unique.
- You will be part of an ambitious impact mission.
- You will work very independently and take responsibility from day one, contributing your own ideas and opinions.
- You will be on a fast-paced learning path, where you will be learning, growing and developing professionally on a daily basis.
- You will grow hands-on expertise in impact investing, sustainability assessment, impact metrics, company research, data analysis, and advanced problem-solving.
- You will get an attractive compensation package.
Workload: 100% | Start date: May 2021 for 6 months | Location: Zurich or Berlin