Investment Management Intern
Yova is the leading digital platform for investing with a sustainability impact. Yova customers invest directly into companies that help to solve global problems, e.g. by fighting climate change or by promoting human rights. All investments are professionally diversified portfolios that are designed for attractive financial returns.
As an Investment Management Intern at Yova you will work on a broad range of topics. Specifically, you will work on:
- Portfolio management and trading. You will use Yova-proprietary software to help invest, rebalance, and monitor our customers’ portfolios and adapt as needed.
- Investment strategy and portfolio creation. Be involved in enhancing and testing our automated investment algorithms and portfolio management tools. Some impact research might be also be part of your internship
- Investment operations. Manage and build tools for corporate action handling, performance and benchmark monitoring, reimbursements and promotions.
As part of our team, you will work side-by-side the Yova leadership team and Impact Investment Office on a broad range of topics. You are successful if more people are excited about impact investing every day.
As the Investment Intern at Yova, you are:
- Excited about the Yova mission to mainstream impact investing.
- Able to do clean work with an eagle eye for details.
- Good with numbers and can deal with large amounts of complex data.
- Someone who is a lot of fun to work with.
- An analytical thinker who likes to use tools to build automations.
- Excellent at time and task management.
- Keen on taking ownership of your daily tasks and projects
- A great communicator with full proficiency in English. German is a plus, but not required.
- Proficient in common office IT tools (eg MS Office or, preferably, GSuite). Additional IT experience, such as Python and SQL, is a plus.
- A graduate of at least a Bachelor’s degree.
What we offer
We offer a first-hand start-up experience with the opportunity to disrupt the financial world and make impact investing mainstream! You will be exposed to a wide range of challenging topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and leadership team. Specifically:
- You will join a high-performing team in a fast-growing start-up.
- You will work in a fun and flexible environment with great and inspiring colleagues. Our team is truly unique.
- You will be part of an ambitious impact mission.
- You will work very independently and take responsibility from day one, contributing your own ideas and opinions.
- You will be on a fast-paced learning path, where you will be learning, growing and developing professionally on a daily basis.
- You will grow hands-on expertise in the following areas: Impact Investing, Automated Portfolio Creation, Portfolio Management, Trading, Corporate Action handling, Performance Monitoring, Reimbursements & Promotions tracking, Advanced Problem Solving.
- You will get an attractive compensation package.
Workload: 100% | Start date: April 2021 | Location: Berlin