QA Engineer Intern
Yova is the leading digital platform for investing with a sustainability impact. Yova customers invest directly into companies that help to solve global problems, e.g. by fighting climate change or by promoting human rights. All investments are professionally diversified portfolios that are designed for attractive financial returns.
We are offering a paid internship for a starting Junior QA Engineer for our Yova Slovakia team. As part of the engineering team you will be working on the core user flow of our web and mobile application in collaboration with our developers, and the customer success team. You will become an important part of the Yova Slovakia office and work closely with the Yova Switzerland team.
- You will collaborate with developers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- You will review and analyse system specifications
- You will execute manual test cases and analyse results
- You will evaluate products according to specifications
- You will report bugs and errors to development teams
- You will help troubleshoot issues
- You will run regression testing
- You will conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- You will work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
As an integral part of our engineering team your technical expertise, your keen attention to detail and your communication skills are crucial for you to be successful in this job.
- You are excited about the Yova mission to mainstream impact investing.
- You are finishing or have already completed a computer science, business informatics, or a comparable degree.
- You are fully proficient in English.
- You have the following skills:
- Knowledge or experience in QA methodology
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience with agile development methodology is a big plus
- Knowledge of frontend languages (as Angular) or/and backend languages (as Ruby on Rails) is advantageous
- Finally, you should be lots of fun to work with!
What we offer
We offer you to join a great team that is on a high-speed growth trajectory to make impact investing mainstream! You will be exposed to a wide range of challenging topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and leadership team.
- You will be able to take ownership for your ideas from day 1.
- You will work in a fun and flexible environment with great and inspiring colleagues.
- You will have a workplace in Bratislava city, with the possibility to work remotely.
- You will be able to define and achieve your own goals.
- You will have the possibility to learn and build a dev career with help and coaching from our senior developers.
- You will be taking leadership to get things done in an agile development environment.
- You will have first-hand start-up experience. Your ideas, opinions, and experience will be listened to and treasured.
- You will join a great team with an ambitious impact mission. Team events, lunch clubs, a good mood, and a nice environment are the core of our team’s happiness.
- You will join the newly established Yova Slovakia team. That will give you the opportunity to be at the beginning of one of the fastest-growing Swiss start-ups in Slovakia.
- You will get an attractive compensation package.
Workload: 50% | Start date: ASAP
Location: Yova Bratislava
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org