What is it like to work at Yova?
At Yova, you are part of a cross-functional team and, together with your employees, you determine your own work. We are a self-organised company
As part of our team, you work side by side with the founders of Yova to advance our website and product development. You are working to improve the way customers experience the Yova journey - from the beginning to the end, from marketing to the website to the end product, a fully digital platform. Your commitment will be successful if the impact investment with Yova becomes an amazing experience that more and more people enjoy every day.
Full Stack Developer Intern
Workload 80 - 100%
We are looking for an Intern full stack developer to help us bring impact investing to more and more people.
On the Engineering team at Yova, we use Angular (6↑), Sass, TypeScript, Rails, and Postgresql. We deliver a modern, fast and unique platform for impact investing, along with handling several key systems behind the scenes like our portfolio generation algorithm.
What’s waiting for you?
• You will join a high-performing team in a fast-growing start-up on an ambitious impact mission.
• You will work shoulder-by-shoulder with our experienced development team giving and receive high-intensity coaching.
• You will be able to define and achieve your own goals with the support of our team members.
• You will bring in your own ideas and will get the resources you need to make them real.
• You will use cutting-edge technologies, mainly Ruby on Rails and Angular, to build a modern app.
What should you bring with you?
• You are finishing or have completed computer science, business informatics or a comparable degree program or training.
• You want to shape a future in a successful startup.
• You are hungry to learn and develop as a professional.
• You have first professional experience (internships, work placement, etc.) and extensive technical expertise (current technology trends).
• You have good knowledge of frontend and/or backend development. A spike in only one of the two is no problem, you’ll learn the other.
• You are fully proficient in English, some command of the German langauge is a strong plus. Slovak, Spanish or Catalan are a plus as well ;)
You are successful if our customers and visitors love Yova more and more every day. And if consumers and techies alike are inspired by our product.
What do we offer you?
• 3 to 6 months traineeship with an attractive compensation package including a competitive salary.
• Option to permanent employment after successful traineeship.
• An atmosphere that welcomes your ideas and will get the resources you need to make them real.
• Fast decision-making and agile development – you'll be taking leadership to get things done.
• Support in learning the latest technologies shoulder-by-shoulder with our Senior Engineers.
• Flexible working hours with a workplace in Zürich city center, with an optional home office every once in a while.
Workload 80 - 100% | Start date: asap | Fully paid | Location: HQ Zurich, partial remote work possible.
Impact Investing Intern
As part of our team you will work side-by-side with the Yova leadership team on a broad range of topics. You are successful if more people are excited about impact investing every day.
As impact investing intern at Yova,
• You should be excited about the Yova mission to mainstream impact investing.
• You should have an affinity to web technology.
• You should be very creative and results-driven with a high eagerness to make a difference.
• You should be lots of fun to work with.
• You should be an analytical thinker who likes data-driven decision making.
• You should have excellent time management and task management skills with the ability to navigate complexity.
• You should have great verbal skills both in speaking and writing with full proficiency in English and German. Swiss German is a strong plus.
• You should be proficient in common office IT tools (eg MS Office or, preferably, GSuite).
As Impact Investing Intern you will work side-by-side with the Yova leadership team on a broad range of topics. Specifically, you will work on
• Impact Investing Operations, for instance investment support, quality assurance, impact performance reporting and sustainability analysis
• Marketing activities – including supporting the team with social media, content, search engine optimisation and more
• Customer Success & Sales, including direct contact to customers and responding to support tickets
• CEO support and Business Development and Corporate Strategy
We offer a first-hand start-up experience with the opportunity to disrupt the financial world and make sustainability mainstream! You will be exposed to a wide range of challenging topics with high-intensity coaching from our founders and leadership team.
• You will join a high-performing team in a fast-growing start-up.
• You will work in a fun and flexible environment with great and inspiring colleagues.
• You will be part of an ambitious impact mission.
• You will work very independently and take responsibility from day 1, contributing your own ideas and opinions.
• You will be on a fast-paced learning path, where you will be learning, growing and developing professionally on a daily basis.
• You will grow hands-on expertise in the following areas: Impact Investing, Sustainable Finance and Asset Management; Digital B2C Marketing & Sales; Data driven strategy & company building; Lean startup, lean UX and agile management; Advanced problem solving and analytics
• You will get an attractive compensation package
Workload 100% | Start date: asap | Location: Yova HQ Zurich